A Weekend Away... In Penang!

Hi!

One of my goals whilst I am in Malaysia is to start learning to make videos, as I think this is a useful skill in today's visual media landscape. I'd like to be able to better tell some of the stories about important things to me, and moving pictures are a great way to do that.

This video has been a long time coming, but finally I got a cold, and so was forced to stay inside all weekend. The joys of adventurer life include doing fantastic things, and seeing spectacular places. The tiny little downside is having little time to actually sit down and record the wonderful adventures you have.

Without further ado - I hope you enjoy my video of my trip to Penang with my friends!



I'd like to add a huge shout out to our new friend Vinod, who I met while we waited for the bus to Penang. He then ended up meeting us the next day and showing us around some of the wonderful sights of Penang, and was one of the most fabulous tour guides we have ever encountered, as well as being an all-round great guy. Many people will tell you not to talk to strangers, but in my experience as long as you listen to your gut you can meet some incredible people just by saying hi to someone standing at your bus stop. 


On the Zero Waste front, I actually found Penang very easy to work with. There are loads of places that will put food and drink into whatever you hand them, so definitely carry your reusable containers. I also found the locals superbly friendly and helpful. Everyone, from our Uber drivers to strangers on the street, was happy to help and answer questions.




I loved Penang, and absolutely think you will too.




If you'd like to see more travel videos please leave me a comment suggesting where I should head off to next, and if you have any questions please feel free to ask!

Thanks for watching!

xo Cait

Labels: , , , , , ,