Homemade Toothpaste

Welcome to Caitlin Gives Her Opinion on Stuff!
Tonight's review - home made toothpaste!

As you may know, I have been trying to not do the plastic thing, and to do the natural stuff thing. Conveniently, I ran out of my tube (nasty, plastic tube) of toothpaste about a month and a half ago and took this fabulous opportunity to try out a fun new recipe - Toothpaste!

This one is the one from the wonderful Lauren from Trash is for Tossers -

1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp baking soda
10 drops peppermint essence
1/4 tsp Stevia (optional)

Smoosh it together and store in a jar. 
To use scoop a pea sized amount onto your toothbrush and brush as normal.


I've been using this recipe for over a month now and my teeth feel fabulous. I highly recommend trying out some of these recipes! The saltiness is something to get used to, so my next batch will include a bit of stevia (a sweetener that is apparently good for teeth). 

Smile Approved
Give it a go! 
I've also started making moisturiser bars, but I'm struggling to find a recipe that has easily accessible bulk ingredients in New Zealand. Watch this space for the recipe when I work it out. :)

Also coming soon - rye flour based shampoo? You'll hear it here first! (Unless you ask me in person, in which case I'll probably tell you.)

Have you tried making your own moisturisers, soaps or toothpastes? I'd love to hear your recipes!

xo Cait