Gluten Free, Vegan, Raw, Decadent Energy Bars!

Some days you just want something easy and yummy and filling. On those days - I usually turn to chocolate. Unfortunately, it's not exactly healthy or very filling and I usually have a wee energy slump afterwards. 

I also can't quite justify eating it for breakfast. So I invented these- my yummy, slightly chocolate-y, but still full of health, energy bars!


Ingredients 

1 cup Nut butter - I used peanut butter because it's cheap and yummy with chocolate!
1/4 cup Honey (or agave for those opposed), warmed so it's nice and runny.
8 pieces of Dark chocolate, melted. Fair trade is always best. :)

1 cup Sunflower seeds 
1 cup Pumpkin seeds
1 cup Chopped nuts - whatever types you like!
1/2 cup Chopped dried fruit - I used cranberries in this one, apricots also work really well.

Pop the nut butter, honey and chocolate in a bowl and mix until almost combined.

Add everything else. Mix completely. The mixture should just about stick together but not be too moist. Add more seeds or nut butter as required.

Grease a tray and your hands with oil, I use coconut.

Press your mixture down tight in the tray to hold everything together and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.



Chop into chunks and store in an airtight container in the fridge. These bars freeze really well too, if you manage to make them last that long!

Do you have any amazing healthy muesli bar replacements? Let me know! 

xo 
cait