Vegan Lentil Curry

It's vegan, it's gluten free, it's high in protein, it's filling, and it's divine. 

I picked this one up from a lovely Swedish exchange student I met by agreeing to go on a road trip with a guy I hardly knew and a couple of his mates. She pulled this puppy off on a tiny wee gas stove next to a beach while we were searching for little blue penguins.


1 onion, thick sliced
1 clove garlic
1 carrot
1 potato
1 can coconut cream
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 cup lentils
1/2 cup stock
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp curry powder
couple of spinach leaves
any other veggies you like

Cook the onion until it starts going clear. Add garlic, sliced carrot, potato in small cubes, coconut cream, tomatoes, lentils, stock, spices and any other veggies except the spinach. I like beans, broccoli and cauliflower. 

Simmer until everything is cooked. Add salt and pepper to taste and roughly sliced spinach, cook for one more minute and you are done! 

Here are a couple of pictures from the amazing trip where I discovered this recipe. 



Isn't New Zealand stunning? Such a great journey.

I would not recommend adding smoked chicken to this recipe. After helping at a scout camp a few weeks back I ended up with five smoked chicken breasts to try and get rid of so I added them to everything. This flavour combo just didn't work out for anyone. 

If you have any other super veggie stews and curries for me to try this winter chuck it in a comment. :)

Enjoy my lovelies! 

xo Cait