Delightful Cheesecake Brownies

Chocolate brownie meets cheesecake. I kid you not sir. Yes, it is as amazing as it sounds.

This idea came to me in a dream.... ok, I found it on the internet a few years ago, but since then I have been working away at making the best gosh-darn combination this world has ever seen. I think I have finally done it. Feel free to halve the brownie part as this makes an extraordinarily huge amount of food.







First make your brownie mix (I use one that is basically Jamie Oliver's because it is fabulously rich and delicious), then your cheesecake mix.

250g unsalted butter
200g dark, broken up
1 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup plain flour
1 tsp baking powder

1 1/2 cups caster sugar
4 free range eggs (I swear they taste better)


Melt chocolate and butter together in a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water. You can do this in the microwave but you have to watch it to make sure the butter doesn't separate. Sieve together the dry ingredients and stir into the melted chocolate mix, followed by beaten eggs.

Now for the cheesecake bit! This is a rather simplified version because I get lazy by this point in the cooking process. Still tastes scrummy though!

500g cream cheese (at room temperature)
3/4 cup caster sugar
3 free range eggs

Mix the three ingredients well. I did say it was easy!

Now to put it all together! 

Line a large pan with baking paper and spread your brownie mix unevenly across the bottom. Pour the cheesecake mix over the brownie mix and use a knife to swirl them together a bit, like a marble cake. Pop it in the oven at 170C for about 30 minutes or until it's only just set. Pull it out of the oven and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting (this is definitely the hardest bit of the whole recipe!) and serve with cream or yogurt. 

This is definitely not a fat free or low fat recipe. Not even a little bit. In fact it may cause heart disease, obesity, and diabetes. If you eat a whole batch you will most likely die within the year. 

But you know what? It will be absolutely worth it.


Enjoy responsibly! Leave me a comment if you give this a go, I'd love to hear how it goes.

xo Cait